(Major Code: 05131) (SIMS Code: 113650)
All candidates for a degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences must complete the graduation requirements listed in the section of this catalog on “Graduation Requirements .”
International Business majors may not double major in the Fowler College of Business or in the Language or Regional/Cultural Studies emphases used to satisfy major requirements. International Business majors may minor in their chosen area of focus, but the same course cannot be used to fulfill both the focus and the minor.
No courses in the preparation for the major may be taken for Cr/NC; the minimum grade in each course in lower division business and regional/cultural studies is C.
The International Business major is an impacted program. To be admitted to the International Business major, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete with a grade of C (2.0) or better: ACCTG 201 and ACCTG 202 ; ECON 101 and ECON 102 ; ECON 201 or STAT 119 ; FIN 240 ; and MIS 180 . These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Complete or test out of one language sequence: ARAB 101 , ARAB 102 , ARAB 201 , ARAB 202 (16 units); CHIN 101 , CHIN 102 , CHIN 201 , CHIN 202 (20 units); English: COMM 103 , LING 100B , LING 200 , RWS 290 (12 units); FRENC 100A , FRENC 100B , FRENC 201 , FRENC 210 , FRENC 221 (20 units); GERMN 100A , GERMN 100B , GERMN 202 , GERMN 205A , GERMN 205B (21 units); ITAL 100A , ITAL 100B , ITAL 201 , ITAL 211 , ITAL 212 (21 units); JAPAN 111 , JAPAN 112 , JAPAN 211 , JAPAN 212 (20 units); KOR 101 , KOR 102 , KOR 201 , KOR 202 (20 units); PORT 101 , PORT 102 , PORT 203 , PORT 204 (16 units); RUSSN 100A , RUSSN 100B , RUSSN 200A , RUSSN 200B (20 units); or SPAN 101 , SPAN 102 , SPAN 201 , SPAN 202 , SPAN 211 , SPAN 212 (22 units). These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Complete with a grade of C (2.0) or better, the Regional/Cultural Studies emphasis from one of the following regions: Middle East and North Africa: HIST 101 ; Asia (Chinese): ASIAN 100 ; Asia (Japanese or Korean): ASIAN 100 or ASIAN 101 ; Latin America: LATAM 101 ; North America: (English); Six units (one pair) selected from HIST 109 , HIST 110 or POL S 101 , POL S 102 ; North America: (French); HIST 110 or POL S 102 ; Central Europe: EUROP 101 or HIST 106 (recommended); Western Europe: EUROP 101 or HIST 106 (recommended). These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.90 or better.
To complete the major, students must fulfill the degree requirements for the major described in the catalog in effect at the time they are accepted into the premajor at SDSU (assuming continuous enrollment).
Major Academic Plans (MAPs)
Visit http://www.sdsu.edu/mymap for the recommended courses needed to fulfill your major requirements. The MAPs website was created to help students navigate the course requirements for their majors and to identify which General Education course will also fulfill a major preparation course requirement.